Saturday, May 16, 2009

No, Sheena

No, Sheena

I’ve fallen in love with you all over again
Just like in the beginning
But this time I can’t convince you that I’m worth the leap ahead
My breath cuts short when I talk to you

No, Sheena

My heart rages with the pain of letting go
This soul cannot release

What’s done is done he says

No, Sheena

And the knife pokes its evil head, straight through the other side
Collapsing to the ground
Whimpering all the more
Helpless in this wasteland of left behind

No, Sheena

I’m like this ragdoll that keeps coming back
You can pick me up and drop me
And I’ll still be smiling for you

No, Sheena

You were my beautiful distraction,
And I was your way out
You never wanted to get close,
And I never wanted to shut the door
It was destruction,
Ended with disaster
You left me wanting more,
Like a beaten donkey waiting at your golden door

No, Sheena

Picking away at my skin
Scratching at the base, that holds it all together
Nothing is so fragile, that it’ll break the right way
But if you play around with it
I’ll eventually fade away
Away into the dark sky
With those wings that you’ve earned

No, Sheena

Just when you think you’ve got it all together,
You turn around, FALL,
And find yourself back where you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment